Lots of crocheting and spinnng in the last three weeks:
- Crocheted hat and scarf set out of Fisherman’s Wool.
- Crocheted pair of slippers made out of granny squares for one of my besties.
- Made several scarves for several people which were well received. 🙂
- Resurrected and dusted off my spinning wheel which I hadn’t used since August (!).
- Made a small scarf/tie thing made out of a merino/silk blend that I spun up myself on my wheel that has gradient peacock colors.
- Finished my covenmate’s iPad case while in the class I am TA’ing and got many compliments on my idustrious-ness.
- Crocheted, to date, 7.5 granny squares out of my leftover yarn basket.
- Spun silk on one of my drop spindles and the Red Churro on the other.
It’s nice to be doing this stuff again. What I’ll need to remember when term starts is that I need to schedule quality time with my spinning wheel and spindles. I feel way more centered and grounded when I’ve done some spinning than when I forget. It’s really part of my spiritual practice, and I really noticed it’s absence.
Busy, tired, but still finding the room to craft. Not too bad, eh?